Thursday, November 29, 2007

-Hope 希望-

Yunalesca: Sin is eternal. It is an inevitable part of Spira's destiny. It is neverending.
Wakka: Neverending? But... but... if we atone for our crimes, Sin will stop coming back, ya? Someday, it'll be gone, ya?

Yunalesca: Will humanity ever attain such purity?
Lulu: This... this cannot be! The teachings state that we can exorcise Sin with complete atonement! It's been our only hope all these years!

Yunalesca: Hope is... comforting. It allows us to accept fate, however tragic it might be. Without hope, they would drown in their sorrow. Your father sacrificed himself to give that hope to the people. So they would forget sorrow.
Yuna: Wrong. My father... My father wanted...to make Spira's sorrow go away. Not just cover it up with lies!

Yunalesca: Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try.
Yuna: My father... I loved him. So I... I will live with my sorrow, I will live my own life! I will defeat sorrow, in his place. I will stand my ground and be strong. I don't know when it will be but someday, I will conquer it. And I will do it without... false hope.

Yunalesca: Poor creature. You would throw away hope. Well... I will free you before you can drown in your sorrow. It is better for you to die in hope than to live in despair. Let me be your liberator.
Auron: Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

No comments: